Quirkyalone is a new idea about being single (and indeed, about relationships) that has sparked a worldwide conversation and movement. The concept was originally introduced in an essay that I wrote ten years ago, and in 2004, in my book Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics.
Ten years after the original concept was introduced, I am as compelled by this concept as ever, but I want others to join me in writing about it.
I’m looking for a stellar cast of five bloggers to join me on my blog at Quirkyalone.net. Like Vagablogging, a blog about long-term travel that got its inspiration from a book called Vagabonding, I would like to take Quirkyalone and turn it into a vibrant group blog. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun to watch the conversation evolve as more people post on a variety of subjects, all from the QA perspective.
Want to write for Quirkyalone?
I am looking for five bloggers who are passionate observing our culture. People who get quirkyalone and quirkytogether and write with wit and charm about pop culture, politics, and everyday life as they relate to singleness and relationships. I want men and women (especially men, since you male QAs often feel under-represented!)
We’ll follow Vagabonding’s model in which each blogger gets a day on which to post, and a general “beat” to cover, though you would be free to write on other QA-related topics as well. Each blogger would:
• Post about once a week on a given day (on Tuesday, for example)
• Possess wit and a savvy editorial eye
• Have some experience blogging or writing
If you are interested in being one of the five writers to join me, choose a day, a category and tell me which tag you would like to focus on, or create your own focus.
Email to info AT quirkyalone.net:
• Why you want to write for quirkyalone, including how you found out about the concept and how it resonates
• What you would like to focus on: Quirkytogether (including posts on being quirkyalone in a committed relationship or even married); Dating; Sex; Pop Culture (movies, TV, celebrity, but through an intelligent angle); Politics and News; Travel or a category of your own creation
• Three story ideas for the topic area that you would like to focus on
• Examples of your writing, ideally, 3-5 blog posts
This is a volunteer position. It offers a platform for exposure for your work, community with other writers.
You are welcome to cross-post posts written for your own blogs to gain wider exposure and feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you and seeing what we can create!
Like this? Be sure to sign up for my mailing list and join me in Buenos Aires to learn about the quirkyalone approach to life and relationships through tango in the Quirky Tango Adventure.