International Quirkyalone Day is coming up next week. There are as many ways to celebrate as there are quirks in the world. That is to say, there are many. Here are ten to get you started in your Quirkyalone Day planning.
1. Explore a new part of town — be a tourist in your own city.
2. Get a massage.
3. Buy yourself new underwear.
4. Rearrange your furniture.
5. Be creative, doing whatever it is you like to do (write, paint, sew, upholster furniture, surf, make art of out dryer lint).
6. Be creative with friends. Have an arts and crafts party or cook a meal together.
7. Buy yourself or a friend a bunch of daisies. Daisies are the official flower of the quirkyalone movement.
9. Volunteer for a cause you believe in.
9. Get cozy in bed with a book. Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics would of course be a good choice.
10. Come to or host a quirkyalone party! The Bay Area party will be held at Van Kleef’s. If you want to meet QAs in your area, check this page for tips for hosting your own IQD gathering and this page for a downloadable party pack of IQD posters and nametags for your gathering.
11. Your ideas here. . . share with us in the comments.
Like this? Share it! Sign up for my mailing list to get weekly inspiration for your quirky life. To get even more inspired, read one of my books Quirkyalone or To-Do List and join us for the next session of my class GetQuirky which starts in July 2013.